Eye infections webinar 2021
MedGenome and XCyton Diagnostics cordially invite you to a webinar on:
Molecular Testing (Syndrome Evaluation System) for informed treatment decisions in Eye Infections:
Date & Time:
28th February, 2021 5:00 pm
- According to WHO, 1 in 10 patients get infection while receiving care globally. More than 50% of surgical site infections can be antibiotic resistant. In low-and middle-income countries, 11% of patients who undergo surgery are infected in the process.
- The global reported incidence of post cataract endophthalmitis ranges from 0.02% to 0.26%.
- The average annual incidence of uveitis has been reported to be around 14-17 per 100,000.
- Molecular detection by amplification and hybridization of nucleic acids as a technology has opened a new and innovative era for microbial diagnosis.
- The use of nucleic acid detection for the diagnosis of infectious diseases in clinical laboratories is facilitated by PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction).
- This approach is useful to detect mutations associated to drug resistance directly on biological samples without the requirement of culturing organism.
- Syndrome Evaluation System (SES) poses unique benefits in terms of treatment of infectious diseases in terms of rapid report, higher accuracy, cost effectiveness, direct evidence and comprehensiveness of the report.
Dr. Piyush Kapur
MBBS, DNB - Ophthalmology,
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Dr. B V Ravikumar
Founder and Managing Director,
XCyton Diagnostics Pvt Ltd
Dr. Abhishek kothari
Director and Chief Consultant, Vitreoretinal
Surgery and Refractive Surgery,
Pink City Eye & Retina Center, Jaipur
In partnership with