Standard and Specific Testing
The tests offered by MedGenome range from as comprehensive as a Leukemia Classifier Panel to as focussed tests as IGHV testing for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and NGS based Imatinib Resistance Mutation Analysis. MedGenome also offers bundled panel for several leukemia types where the test consists of various test methods and multiple markers/ genes covered in each test method.
Adhering to Guidelines
The markers covered for different types of leukemia are on the basis of recommendations from World Health Organisation (WHO) and American Society for Hematology (ASH). The laboratory at Bangalore is CAP (College of American Pathologists) accredited and NABL (National Board for Accreditations of Laboratories) certified.
- For all tests except FISH and Karyotype: Bone Marrow Aspirate in EDTA
- For FISH and Karyotype: Bone Marrow Aspirate in Sodium Heparin Vaccutainer
- For all tests except FISH and Karyotype: EDTA anticoagulated peripheral blood
- For FISH and Karyotype: Sodium Heparin (green top)
- Peripheral blood or Bone Marrow Aspirates collected in EDTA vaccutainer tubes should be sent within 48 hours of collection with a cool pack or (if stored at -800C) with dry ice
- For bone marrow aspirate minimum 1-2 mL required and for peripheral blood, minimum 3 mL required
Turn-around time depends on the type of test and methodology. For individual test TAT, please visit our test catalog