Understand complex research problems and design and implement bioinformatics solutionsworking across multiple stakeholders and customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The candidate should handle NGS commercial pipelines includes de novo assembly, reference guided assembly, variant calling WES and WGS, variant annotation, population studies, epigenetics and Epic array projects
- Capable of writing scripts (at least medium level in Perl or Python) to resolve NGS and
- Familiar with Linux commands, SHELL, AWK, and SED commands
- Communicate between Bioinformatics and lab team for the progression of all the
commercial activities and ensure that standard quality is maintained for the development
of commercial & research operations
- Collect requirements for new pipeline development/new queries from the client side and
coordinate with our development team to implement it.
- Work with our R&D and development team pipeline for the maintenance of existing
pipelines, updragations and pipeline automation.
- Review of all commercial client reports and queries and ensure that results and services
customers receive consistently meet their expectation
- Prepare and update all pipeline documentation including CAP, SOPs, SOWs, FAQs, reviewing and updating client repor with versions.
- Assure closing of all projects and client queries on time- Coordinate technical and client
calls with the Bioinformatics
- Provide support in defining a projects to the lab team wherever necessary
- Represent Research services group for QAD (Quality Assessment Department Meeting)
- Point of contact for some key clients
- Manage internal research development activities and ensure that the pipeline gets tested
and validated before moving
- The candidate should work on improving the standards with the Bioinformatics operation, lab and development team.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Master’s/PhD degree from reputed institute in computer-science / informatics /
Computational Genomics / Computation Biology / Bioinformatics
- Sufficient knowledge of genomics and basics of molecular biology
- Hands on experience in Next-Generation sequencing data analysis
- Good knowledge of programming languages for data analysis and tool development such
as Perl, Php, Python, R, Java, Html, SQL, C+
- Experience in statistical analysis and bioinformatics methods/tools/databases
- Sound analytical knowledge
- Publications and/or other
- 10-15 years of industry / academics’ research lab experience
- Have a passion for building teams. Effective as a people manager
You will also be expected to have
- Excellent communication, written
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, start-up attitude.
- The ability to work across teams and functions effectively.