Encephalitis awareness day webinar 2021
MedGenome and Xcyton cordially invite you to a webinar on
World Encephalitis Awareness Day: Molecular Testing (Syndrome Evaluation System) for informed treatment decisions:
Date & Time:
22nd February, 2021 4:00 pm
- Global prevalence of encephalitis is 67,24,900 cases per year.
- There is low awareness of the condition -78% of the general public worldwide do not know what encephalitis is.
- 10–20% developing neurological sequelae post treatment, so early diagnosis & specific management is the key.
- The causative agent of Encephalitis varies with season and geographical location, and predominantly affects population below 15 years.
- Keeping in mind the wide range of causal agents and the rapid rate of neurological impairment due to pathogenesis, it poses a challenge of rapid diagnosis and early institution of appropriate therapy.
- Molecular detection by amplification and hybridization of nucleic acids as a technology has opened a new and innovative era for microbial diagnosis.
- The use of nucleic acid detection for the diagnosis of infectious diseases in clinical laboratories is facilitated by PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction).
- This approach is useful to detect mutations associated to drug resistance directly on biological samples without the requirement of culturing organism.
- Syndrome Evaluation System (SES) poses unique benefits in terms of treatment of infectious diseases in terms of rapid report, higher accuracy, cost effectiveness, direct evidence and comprehensiveness of the report.
Dr. B V Ravikumar
Founder and Managing Director,
XCyton Diagnostics Pvt Ltd
In partnership with